Saturday 28 June 2014

Compassions of a Youthful Heart


I don’t know what it’s about the darkness that intrigue me, as the sun goes down The Thinker in me rises up to juggle up that big head & pool it’s content to fill up my hunger for writing. Tonight it echoes a not so distant past to run my last post towards the finish line.

                     Ah! What a time that was, still lights up my eyes remembering those days. It all started in the senior year of my school life; I have had a few crushes before but none was strong enough to move my soul. Our first meeting was such a lame one that I don’t even remember the most of it. The oldest I remember of her was of a summer’s evening, she called upon a mutual friend of ours and I accompanied him as a courtesy, as we approached rendezvous point, I saw her laughing her guts of with her friend in the middle of the road. I guess that was the first time I felt attracted towards her but I merely acknowledged that. When it comes to the female section my mind works slower than a snail taking a walk in the park. Maybe this was the result of boy’s convent education or an incredible joke by the almighty all I know is that even after this huge flaw I managed to grow my acquaintance with her into a close friendship. We would spend our day together and our nights prating. Sometimes I thought I was too casual, sometimes too intense and lurid, sometimes I crossed some lines and sometimes behaved in a way I never thought I could. I don’t know what it was, till date I don’t know but when I popped out my feelings to her and as to my expectations she made her excuses (what I didn’t thought of was her crying over my shoulders) I was hurt not in a non reacting way but in a manner that made me more violent than usual. I did some pretty insane things some of which I wasn’t capable of doing before but it subsided after a while and I returned to being myself at least as much of me as I could muster. But my heart wasn’t at peace, how could it be - I broke many strings of my ethics on that proposal, and the thought that kept bugging me was why the hell did she cry? Did she like me? If yes, then why say no. If no, then why cry? My mind was bursting with such density of question because of my search for logic that it kept crashing from time to time and I would go back to being a injured Lion (weak but violent). After many efforts from my friends and a long time I brought my mind and heart both back to a state of sanity. But those hurtful feelings are still there buried deep down and cold, and those questions are still unanswered even after we became friends again (Yeah that happened, it was hurtful but she came I couldn’t refuse, perhaps a story for another time) not as close as we used to be but in essence still that strong.

Whenever I share this peculiar story of my life with someone they say it must have been an infatuation, I strongly disagree and so do hundreds of teens. May be someday we will see our affection as infatuation but today even when all is at peace we look back and see our LOVE we classify that as love. Whenever we see them, even today a ray of hope touches our heart that may be someday or somewhere we will be together. Sometimes I see, hope or imagine (Call what you might) that she see’s us together too, but with these relief also comes a tornado of old feels which are as dangerous as a charging bull but I hold on and survive, because I believe “No matter how hard it is, but if you hold on it will all be worth it in the end.” On that sentimental note I let the thinker in me sleep and hope that the next post comes up with something more cheerful for my readers.

Regards,
Rahul


(Feedback Appreciated)

No comments:

Post a Comment